Saturday, May 28, 2011

Staycation Part 2

Day 2 in Eureka Springs was just as full of fun as day 1... we started with relaxing massages in the hotel's spa.  Didn't get any pictures of the massages- that would just be creepy.  After massages we headed to lunch and then to go horseback riding.  I have a slight-to-severe fear of horses from a traumatic experience when a horse took off with me on his back at age 9ish so this was obviously the Boyfriend's activity choice.  It was 60 minutes of anxiety and fear for me!  He enjoyed it (and payed for it!) so I guess it was worth it.

I would've been perfectly happy just sitting here with Buddy (tied to the tree)

cowboy 

me pretending to like horses in front of the horse lady taking our picture


Next, we stopped to see Thorncrown Chapel.  It is a gorgeous glass chapel built in the middle of the woods.  My pictures from the inside of the chapel aren't very good so I had to turn to Google Images to give you a better idea. 

I really like this sign outside the chapel



One last stop at the Drive Through Zoo.  I love a good zoo.  The Boyfriend has a huge fear of emu/ostriches (what's the difference?) and there were plenty running up to our windows.  My favorite was the giant buffalo who licked my window.  

the deer were really aggressive and ran to the car everytime we slowed down


is your mama a llama?






On our drive home we stopped for dinner at Slim's Chicken in Conway and ran into Peyton Hillis (former razorback and current NFL player) and the Boyfriend was starstruck.  He congratulated him on making the cover of Madden 2012.  His life is complete now I think.  He wouldnt let me take any pictures of him though :(  

We had a fabulous time and I would recommend a trip to Eureka Springs to anyone who has never been!  I'm off to the pool to enjoy Memorial Day Weekend!  Bye for now.   




No comments:

Post a Comment