Sunday, June 12, 2011

I survived week 1!

I did it.  I made it through one full work week at my big girl job.  Even better than surviving it, I LOVED IT!!  I have been a student there for the past 5 months but to be a real Speech-Language Pathologist and working there is even better.  The only thing that would've made my first work of week better is if Friday was pay day :)

I was warmly welcomed with pastries from Community Bakery and some celebration signs on my office door and desk.  I even got an ACH beach bag filled with a clipboard, post-its, and other official-ish supplies I may need.  I have the best co-workers ever.

Now don't get me wrong, It wasn't all peachy and easy.  I had several moments of "I have no idea what I'm doing" throughout the week.  I know that should be expected and I cant know everything on DAY 1 but it's still a scary thought.  I have a LOT to learn but lucky for me I have lots of wise and brilliant SLP's to teach me everything they know.  I just got really excited when I changed my "employer/job" section of my facebook profile and got to put Speech-Language Pathologist.  Not student.  Student no more and never again!  


Now if only that first paycheck will get here soon... 





No comments:

Post a Comment